Healthy Banana Oat Pancakes
If you’re the kind of gal that loves a sweet and satisfying breakfast but tries to eat healthy and struggles finding *good* breakfast options... Then this just might be the breakfast recipe you’re looking for!
Prep Time: 10 m • Cook Time: 10 m • Yields: 10
Starting your day with a satisfying meal
I’m the kind of girl who absolutely loves her pancakes, waffles, and crepes. You will never see me order a skillet or omelette out to breakfast... Strictly sweet and indulging breakfast for me! But... Life isn’t that sweet. We can’t always eat what we want! So, we create things that taste like what we want but with a healthier twist! And honestly ladies, it’s pretty damn good. It definitely satisfies my Sunday morning sweet tooth and it also doesn’t make me feel guilty! If you’re attempting to eat healthy and can’t physically afford some fattening pancakes, this is the alternative for you!
What you need
What I love about this recipe is that it’s so simple and you probably already have everything you need!
- 2.5 cups oats
- 2.5 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Healthy and delicious pancakes are only a few steps away! It’s quick and easy, you just have to try it!
- Grind the oats down in a blender and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas into a creamy texture.
- Mix in eggs, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and pinch of salt to bananas.
- Add ground oats to the banana bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat a flat pan on med-high heat for 5-10 minutes and spray with Pam or rub a little cooking oil on the pan.
- With a large spoon, pour the batter on the pan. You might have to use the spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Cook pancakes on each side for 1-1.5 minutes, depending on the strength of your stove!
- Top with your decorate fruit, nuts, and honey!