CINNAMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
A moist and delicious blueberry bread! The taste of fresh blueberries along with sweet cinnamon sugar is everything you’ll look forward to. This would be a perfect pair with your morning cup of coffee!
PREP: 10 M | PREHEAT: 400° | BAKE: 40-50 M
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 8 oz blueberries
BUTTER SUGAR TOPPING:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, diced & cold
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk, egg, oil, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until you get a thick, creamy texture. If the batter is too thick, you can add in a couple more tbsp milk.
- Fold in most of the blueberries, saving a few for the top. Spray a bread pan with nonstick spray and evenly pour the batter into the pan.
- To make the butter sugar topping, simply mix the cold butter with the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Evenly sprinkle the mixture on top of the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 400° for about 40-50 minutes, or until golden and when a toothpick runs clean. Then, carefully remove the blueberry bread from the pan and carry it onto a serving platter (if you need to loosen the edges with a knife, go for it). Allow it to cool down for about 30-60 minutes.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until you get a good consistency. Spoon the glaze all over the cinnamon blueberry bread. Let the glaze harden for about 10 - 20 minutes, then slice it up! You can even save some glaze to drizzle over each individual slice — it’s delicious!