CREAMY MUSHROOM SPINACH
WITH CHICKPEA PASTA
A bowl filled with perfectly sautéed garlic mushrooms, spinach, & chicken tossed in tender chickpea penne pasta & drenched in a light, creamy sauce. This dish will have you feeling full without the guilt or bloating! You’ll have this mouthwatering meal ready in 40 minutes. This is definitely a must have dish in your healthy lifestyle!
PREP: 5 M // COOK: 35 M // SERVINGS: 4-5
- 1.5 lbs chicken tenders or breast
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 5-8 oz spinach
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 4 oz chickpea penne, I used the brand Banza
- Season the chicken with a generous amount of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter and 1/2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Cook the chicken until done and golden on both sides, then remove.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp butter and 1/2 tbsp olive oil until butter is melted. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then add in the mushrooms to sauté until they shrink and are darker in color, stirring frequently.
- Add in the chopped green onion and add some salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Then, add about an 1/8 cup water to the pan and add the spinach. Cover and allow the spinach to wilt while stirring frequently.
- As soon as the spinach wilted, add a little more salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir the chicken back into the pan and lower the heat to medium.
- In a measuring cup, measure 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream. Squeeze in 1 lemon and mix. Pour into the pan and allow it to slightly boil. Add salt, a lot of black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a small cup, add 1/3 cup warm water and mix in 1.5 tbsp cornstarch really well. Then, pour it into the pan while mixing for about a minute. Allow it to slightly boil for a couple minutes until the sauce thickens and swipes clean against the pan with a silicone spatula.
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the box with a bit of salt and black pepper, then drain. Toss the cooked pasta in the pan and gently mix into the creamy mushroom spinach sauce. Allow it to cook together for a few minutes on low heat.