DAD’S CHICKEN FRIED RICE
The quickest and easiest chicken fried rice you’ll make — credit to my dad! With only a total of eight ingredients, you will have a delicious bowl of chicken fried rice! 🍚 It’s simple yet yummy and only takes fifteen minutes! It’s a childhood favorite.
Watch me make this recipe in my highlights on IG!
My dad’s a pretty simple man but he loves to get creative in the kitchen! Since we were youngsters, he would make this very simple chicken fried rice for us. It only consists of green onions, three spices, and some soy sauce. It’s so good! As a child, I would always put a spoonful of yogurt on top and mix it in (like with other Arabian meals) and I still do that till this day! May not be your cup of tea, but I bet your kids or little siblings will love it like that! 😂
- Chicken breast, cubed small
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Green onions, chopped
Note: You can adjust this meal easily with how much you actually want to make. Since I made two servings, I only used 1/2 cup uncooked rice with maybe a 1/2 lb chicken and 1/2 stalk green onions. So, just balance out how much of those three ingredients you need. The ratio can totally be your preference.
- Begin by cooking your rice as normal but with just a dash of salt. We are using soy sauce, so you do not want to add the same amount of salt you normally would to this rice.
- Heat a large pan or wok with some olive oil on medium-high heat. Toss in your chicken and season lightly with salt, a good amount of black pepper, and just a dash of ginger, about 1/4 tsp. Cook the chicken until done, stirring frequently.
- Toss in your green onions and cook with the chicken for a few more minutes. Add in just a drizzle of soy sauce, not a lot. Mix well!
- Once your rice is finished, make a well in the center of the pan by moving the chicken to the edges. Pour the rice in the center of the pan and add soy sauce to the rice. Start by adding a little so you can adjust later. Mix the rice with the chicken and green onions really well.
- Taste the fried rice and test to see if it needs more soy sauce and adjust. Let the rice cook with the chicken for just a few more minutes and you’re all done!