Homemade mac n cheese
The absolute best Homemade Mac N Cheese recipe you can make! The creaminess will drive you insane — it’s absolutely delicious with levels of flavor and a pinch of paprika! Topped with breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. Grab yourself a bowl and get ready to dive in to this easy, cheesy recipe!
OVEN: 325° | COOK: 15 M | BAKE: 15 M | SERVES: 8-10
- 1 lb elbow or shell noodles
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter + 2 tbsp, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk, preferably whole
- 4 cups white sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Boil pasta according to the directions on the box before you begin and preheat your oven to 325°. Start by melting the butter in a pot over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add in the flour and whisk vigorously for about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until smooth. Let it come to a low boil until thickened, then turn the heat down to low.
- Add in 4 cups of the white sharp cheddar and 1 cup of sharp cheddar, half at a time. Mix into the sauce until completely melted before adding the other half. Make sure the heat is on low so the cheese doesn’t burn.
- Once the cheese is all melted and the consistency is thickened, mix in the salt, black pepper, and paprika. Taste and adjust to your preference.
- Drain your pasta and toss in the pot with the cheese sauce. Fold the noodles into the sauce and cook on low heat for just a few minutes. Spray a 9x13” pan with cooking spray and pour all the Mac N Cheese into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese all over the top.
- In a small saucepan, melt the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat and add the breadcrumbs. Stir constantly until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, then pour over the Mac N Cheese. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes.