Lemon Cream Chicken
A simple yet delicious meal that is quick and easy! It requires very basic ingredients and is filled with tons of flavor. You won’t need to make that bland grilled chicken on the stove ever again!
What you need
- Thin cut chicken breasts (or boneless thighs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions (or spinach)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic until transparent and fragrant.
- Wash chicken thoroughly, then spice with a generous amount of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over chicken and rub in.
- Cook chicken on each side for 4-5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt 2 tbsp unsalted butter on medium heat. Pour chicken broth and whisk in the heavy whipping cream. Squeeze both lemons in the pan, then add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly and bring to a boil.
- Once sauce is boiling, whisk in sundried tomatoes and green onions, then put the heat on medium-low heat. Add the chicken back in the pan and cook in the sauce for another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with a side of roasted potatoes, rice, pasta, or salad! Whichever you prefer.