SKINNY STUFFED BELL PEPPERS.
Tender bell peppers stuffed with juicy, lean ground beef filled with tons of flavor and layered with melted Italian cheese. These stuffed peppers are both healthy and delicious!
PREP: 10 M // COOK: 15 M // BAKE: 1+ H // YIELDS: 4
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 jalapeño, diced
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 jar organic marinara sauce
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Italian blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and transparent. Then, add in the jalapeño and sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and break it down into small pieces. Cook until browned and drain the fat. Then, spice with a generous amount of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and basil.
- Mix in a half jar of organic marinara sauce and sprinkle in a little more of each spice. After sautéing the beef in the sauce for a few minutes, taste and adjust any seasonings to preference.
- Allow the beef to cool down for about 10 minutes as you cut and core the bell peppers. Make sure all the seeds are taken out and rinse them thoroughly. Then, season the peppers with salt and black pepper.
- Fill the peppers halfway with the beef, then sprinkle as much Italian cheese as you’d like. Fill the peppers up to the top with the beef and finish off with more cheese. Sprinkle some basil on top of each pepper.
- Cover the peppers and bake at 350° for an hour, or until they are fork tender. Then, broil then for about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!