SLOW COOKER FAJITAS
If you thought the fajitas you cook on your stove are good, just wait until you try these fajitas! The slow cooker is like magic for this recipe. The spices slowly soak into the chicken and make them so tender and just unbelievably mouthwatering! Use some low-carb tortillas and you have yourself a deliciously healthy meal!
Prep: 15 m • Cook: 3.5 h • Heat: High • Yields: 6
Spice and everything nice
The most important thing when cooking fajitas is to make sure you’re using the right seasoning! Instead of buying the packet seasoning, make your own! There’s no need to buy it at the store when you most likely have everything you already need. These Melt in your Mouth Fajitas are FILLED with tons of flavor that will have you reaching for seconds. Oh, and I should probably add that if you can’t handle the heat, then get out the kitchen! 😏🔥
Sides & toppings that are must-haves
The fajitas alone are wonderful and have all the flavor you need! However, to make your bomb ass Melt in your Mouth Fajitas even more bomb, you have to have the right toppings and sides!
Chips & Salsa
Chips & Salsa
No Slowcooker, No Problem
Don’t feel that you can’t make these fajitas if you don’t have a slow cooker! You can totally use the same exact ingredients and simply grill the chicken and peppers on top of your stove! I must warn you though, the slow cooker makes the chicken drenched in flavorful goodness and it literally melts in your mouth with every bite!
- 2 lb thin-cut chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Onion flakes
- Chili powder
• You could use thighs instead of chicken breast!
• You could use water instead of chicken broth.
1. Wash and slice the chicken into thin and long strips. Generously season with salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper (easy), garlic powder, crushed red pepper (easy), onion flakes, oregano, and chili powder (easy). Drizzle olive oil all over and rub spices into chicken thoroughly.
2. Slice the bell peppers into thin and long strips. Slice half a jalapeño and toss all the peppers at the bottom of the slow cooker. Season peppers with salt and black pepper.
3. Add the seasoned chicken on top of the fajitas.
4. Slice the onion and toss across the top of the chicken. Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth around the chicken. Cover tightly and allow to cook on high for 3 hours.
5. After 3 hours, mix the chicken in the broth. Squeeze a half lime and sprinkle 1 cup of Mexican Cheese. Seal it and allow to cook for another 30 minutes.
6. After 3.5 long hours, fire up some tortilla bread and put together some Melt in your Mouth Fajitas! Don’t forget to squeeze fresh lime over your fajita and give it even more love with yummy toppings!