A warm, buttery strawberry cobbler with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream on top! This cobbler is absolutely scrumptious in every bite — you will wish you had more! Make this super easy recipe today with just the most basic ingredients!
OVEN: 375° • PREP: 15 M • BAKE: 35 M • SERVES: 5
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Note: You can totally replace the strawberries with peach, blueberry, cherry, or whatever fruit you’d like! If the fruit is fresh, still coat with sugar. If you’re using peaches from a can, for example, only drain and toss on top of the batter.
- Preheat your oven to 375°. In a small bowl, toss together the chopped strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix them together really well and set them aside to set.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Add in 1 cup milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 stick melted butter. Mix until fully combined.
- Your strawberries by now should’ve formed a little syrup — give them a good stir. Then, spray a square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and then spoon the strawberries on top of the batter (do not mix it in). It’s okay if some syrup gets into the batter. Make sure to get the strawberries all over!
- Sprinkle some brown sugar across the top of the cobbler. Bake the cobbler at 375° for 35-40 minutes, or until golden. Allow it to cool for just 5-10 minutes, spoon some cobbler into a bowl and top with vanilla ice cream!