BLACK BEAN SOUP.
The simplest and most delicious soup you’ll ever make in just 15 minutes. Homemade Black Bean Soup is one of my favorite, clean soups to eat either by itself or next to some delicious homemade tacos. It’s a little spicy and so flavorful. This is the kind of soup you’ll want to make on a rainy Sunday!
Prep: 5 m • Cook: 10 m • Calories: 200/serving • Servings: 2
I have to give a special shoutout to my beautiful good friend, Amanda, who was my inspiration for this yummy Black Bean Soup. Kind enough, she invited a few others and I over to her home for an iftar one day and she made this soup as a side. It was the first time I’ve ever had Black Bean Soup, so I was a little hesitant at first given my picky personality. However, I absolutely fell in love and couldn’t stop eating it! So she told me how to make it and I’ve been making it ever since! I absolutely love it — it’s so fulfilling! Thank you, Amanda. Love you! ❤️
- 1 can Goya black beans, drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water + 1/4 cup
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lime, to taste
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Sauté the finely chopped onion, garlic, and jalapeño until fragrant and transparent, then remove from heat. Save the sauce pan for later.
- Pour the can of drained black beans in a blender and add 1 tsp salt along with the sautéed chopped onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Blend until smooth. Add 1/2 cup water to the blender and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan and allow it to cook on medium heat until it begins to slightly boil. Stir in the black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. If it is too thick for your preference, you could mix in another 1/4 cup water. Cook, uncovered, for about 8 more minutes, stirring once or twice. Taste to adjust anything you’d like.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowls. Garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro. Top with a squeeze of fresh lime and enjoy!