BLUEBERRY COCONUT MUFFINS.
A delicious muffin with endless flavor! It’s the perfect burst of blueberry, coconut, and walnut with a hint of lemon. It’s light and moist — and you get a combination of flavor in every single bite!
Prep: 10 m • Preheat: 400° • Bake: 25-30 m • Yields: 6
COMBINATION OF FLAVORS.
The combination of flavors in this delightful Blueberry Coconut Muffin is one of a kind. The hint of lemon truly compliments the burst of blueberry you get in every bite. The coconut itself is very refreshing and walnuts, of course, give an extra nutty texture that I could go for in just about anything!
NOT INTO LEMON OR COCONUT?
If you’re not into lemon or coconut, no worries. Simply skip these two ingredients in the recipe and you’ll get my original Skinny Blueberry Muffins. They’re absolutely great with or with them!
BREAKFAST OR DESSERT.
These muffins are sweet enough to have as a dessert and also not too sweet to have for breakfast! Pair with a hot cup of coffee and you’re ready for your day. I truly look forward to my morning coffee with one of these on the side!
WHAT YOU NEED.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lemon’s zest
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup 1% milk +
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil +
- 1 egg
- Cupcake liners or non-stick spray
- A cup of blueberries is exactly one 6 oz pack that you buy at your grocery store.
- If you want even less sugar, only add 1/4 cup.
- If you don’t have baking powder, use a 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk well until smooth and fully combined. If the batter is too thick, you can add a tiny bit more milk and vegetable oil. Lastly, grate in the zest of one lemon (this is optional).
- Fold in the blueberries, coconut, and walnuts. Use an ice cream scooper or a large spoon to fill each muffin liner with batter equally among six. Don’t forget to spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray if you decide not to use liners!
- Bake at 400° for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!