A Cheesecake Factory copycat of one of my favorite dishes! Breaded chicken breast over a bed of tender noodles drenched with a delicious lemon basil cream sauce. Topped with fresh arugula and parmesan, this dish is one you will crave! The best part about it is there are only a few easy steps.
Prep: 20 m • Cook: 20 m • Servings: 2
*Pictures are not with crusted chicken as I normally make it — I didn’t have any! But it’s definitely better with the crust!*
What you need
- 4 - 6 pieces of thin-cut chicken breast
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- Spaghetti noodles or angel hair pasta
- Cook your pasta as directed on the box, but add a few pieces of basil to the pasta water. Don’t forget to add the salt!
- After cleaning your chicken, pat dry and season with a generous amount of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Then, set two shallow and wide bowls aside: one with Italian bread crumbs and one with the eggs, whisked. Dip each chicken breast in egg (covering both sides), then breadcrumbs. Repeat this twice for each chicken breast. Make sure they are fully coated!
- In a large and wide pan, heat the oil and butter on medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the pan and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes. Check to see how the color looks on the bottom — if it’s a crispy golden brown, turn it over. Cook for another 5 minutes on the second side while covered, or until no longer pink. Then, set aside.
- Using the same pan, pour in the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream. Mix in a generous amount of salt, black pepper, and a little oregano.
- Squeeze the lemons in a blender along with the basil and blend until the basil is fine. Then, pour the lemon basil in the pan with the sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the water until completely combined. Then, add to the pan and mix thoroughly. Bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat to cook the sauce until thickened.
- Now, it’s time to combine all three! Dress your plate with your delicious angel hair pasta, a few pieces of crispy chicken breasts, and give it some love with all that beautiful sauce! Enjoy!