Coffee caramel crunch bars
If you’re a coffee fanatic, you will fall in love with these delectable Coffee Caramel Crunch Bars. These bars are filled with coffee flavor and have such a nutty texture! Don’t be fooled by the word “crunch” — these bars are super moist; the crunch comes from all the almonds!
OVEN: 350° • PREP: 10 M • BAKE: 25-30 M • YIELDS: 12
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp instant coffee + 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup slivered almonds, plus more for garnish
- Caramel sauce (I used Ghirardelli’s caramel sauce that you can buy in a squeeze bottle at the grocery store)
Note: You can substitute almonds for pecans or walnuts if you’re not a fan of almonds!
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined, then set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a handheld mixer. Mix in the vanilla extract and eggs.
- In a small cup, mix 1 tbsp instant coffee with 1 tbsp warm water. Pour the coffee into the wet batter and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the cup of slivered almonds.
- Line a small, square baking pan with a baking sheet and spread the batter into the pan evenly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick runs clean. Allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Once you sliced them into bars, drizzle the caramel sauce all over them! Store in an airtight container on the counter, but definitely try them well fresh and warm!!!