Easy French Naked Cake
The perfect cake to make for any occasion! It’s easy, beautiful, and tastes absolutely delightful. This French naked cake is filled with a cream cheese frosting, layered with sweet coconut, topped with raspberries, and of course, some sugar!
As for prepping, there are only a few simple steps! So don’t feel this would be a challenging cake to make. I made it for a birthday in about an hour and a half and it looked like I spent much more time on it (and tasted as if it was from scratch)! You’ll totally have bragging rights for this cake.
What You Need
You might already have everything you need! You can switch out the raspberries for strawberries if you prefer or choose different frosting or flavor cake! It’s a really flexible recipe, you can tweak whatever you like. Also, you can make the cake from scratch and put the box cake aside! It’s whatever you prefer.
- 1 box of Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oul
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 can of Betty Crocker’s cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups sweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup raspberries
- Powdered sugar for garnish
Keep in mind, when working on the layers of cake, you can either do one layer at a time and stack, or you can do each layer separately and stack last. I found frosting as I stack the way to go!
Prep Time: 20 m | Bake Time: 30 m | Servings: 8-10
- In two 6” or 8” baking pans, bake the moist chocolate cake according to the box instructions. Don’t forget to spray your pans with non-stick spray before pouring in the batter (super important)!
- Allow the cakes to cool for 30-45 minutes on a wire rack or on top of the stove so they can smoothly be removed. Then, carefully remove the cakes (use a butter knife to cut around the edges first) and place them on wax paper or a plate you prefer to serve it on.
- With a sharp knife, slowly and carefully cut down the middle from the side to split both cakes in two.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on each layer and spread 1/2 cup coconut on each layer, then stack and repeat. Lastly, neatly place your berries and sprinkle powdered sugar on top and on the sides. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the berries. For garnish, add a few mint leaves to give more color!