CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
GLUTEN-FREE & ORGANIC
The ultimate gluten-free chocolate chip pancakes! Using all-natural and organic ingredients, you get to eat a yummy breakfast to start your day without all the guilt. These pancakes are so perfectly spongey and delicious in every single bite! Here’s to Sunday mornings.
PREP: 5 M // COOK: 15 M // YIELDS: 5-7
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic chocolate chips
Note: Using 100% pure maple syrup as your topping will be much healthier than plain syrup! Also, you can replace the chocolate chips with nuts, fruit, or make them plain! The base of the pancake will be perfect!
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Heat a wide, nonstick pan on medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan in a perfect circle — spread around, if needed. Add 10-12 chocolate chips to the pancake and cook on the one side until the edges allow you to slide your silicone spatula underneath it (about 1.5 minutes).
- Flip and cook on the other side for another minute, at most. You can flatten the pancake down halfway through, then set aside and continue until you finish the batter.