GOOEY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
The most delicious double chocolate cookies you'll ever taste! These cookies are insane — they have the perfect sugar-coated texture on the outside & are oozing with chocolate on the inside! If you’re a chocolate person, these Gooey Double Chocolate Cookies are calling your name! What are you waiting for?
PREP: 10M | PREHEAT: 350° | BAKE: 12-15M | YIELDS: 24
*Watch me make these in my Instagram highlights @sabreensaideat*
These yummy cookies just need some basic pantry ingredients that you should always have in stock and it only takes 10 minutes of your time! All you'll need is some flour, sugar, salt, baking powder (or soda), vanilla extract, eggs, butter, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and some ground coffee, which isn't even totally necessary! Grab your ingredients and let's get started!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coffee grounds (if you don't have, it's okay)
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1/3 cup for sugar coating
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips, regular sized preferred*
- If you don't have baking powder, you can substitute for 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- If you don't have coffee grounds, the recipe will still work! No worries.
- If you want your cookies even more chocolatey, then add another 1/3 cup!
- Preheat your oven to 350°. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, coffee grounds, and cocoa powder. Whisk the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined, then set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar together with an electric mixer until it is all one texture and color. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beating just until combined.
- Pour in half of the dry ingredients and mix until combined, then mix in the second half. Toss your chocolate chips in the batter and mix for 10 seconds.
- Begin forming your cookie dough into 1-1.5 inch balls. Then, roll each ball in the 1/3 cup sugar until fully coated. Place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 12-15 minutes. Crinkles should begin to form in the last few 5 minutes of baking (which is what you want)!
- Immediately transfer to a wire rack (or serving platter) to cool for about 5 - 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container and microwave for 15 seconds to eat warm later on!