Lemon CHICKEN Piccata
Lemon Chicken Piccata is our go-to pasta dish and it hits the spot every single time! It’s made of perfectly crusted chicken drenched with a homemade creamy lemon pasta sauce, topped with sun-dried tomatoes over a bed of angel hair pasta! It’s absolutely delicious!
PREP: 10 M • COOK: 20 M • SERVES: 4
- Angel hair pasta
- 6 thin boneless chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sun-dried tomatoes or capers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1/3 cup water
- Begin by cooking your angel hair pasta according to the box directions. Generously season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Set aside two shallow dishes: one with with Italian breadcrumbs and one with two whisked eggs. Dip each breast in the egg making sure to coat both sides. Let the excess egg drop off and then coat it with the breadcrumbs. Repeat until you’ve done it to all your chicken!
- In a large pan, heat butter and oil on medium-high heat. Cook chicken on each side until golden-brown (about 6 minutes on each side). Remove and set aside.
- Rinse the pan clean and put it back on medium heat. Pour the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, lemon, and sun-dried tomatoes (or capers) in the pan. Whisk well and allow to boil for 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- In a small cup, mix together the cornstarch and water really well. Then pour it into the pan while whisking until completely thickened.
- Now, you can either add all the crusted chicken into the pan and let it soak in the pasta sauce or you can lie it on top of the pasta and spoon the sauce over it all! Either way, enjoy! 😋