The perfect cookie filled with a delicious balance between chocolate chips and pecans — nothing beats a chocolatey and nutty flavor all in one dessert! These Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are the simplest to make and easily the most heavenly cookies you’ll ever have!
OVEN: 350° • PREP: 15 M • BAKE: 10-12 M • YIELDS: 18
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 + 1/3 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then, whisk until combined and set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar using a handheld mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, then mix again until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and about a half cup of the chopped pecans. Save about 4 tbsp of pecans to garnish the cookies later.
- Roll the dough into 1-1.5 inch balls and place evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Quickly remove the cookies and place on a cookie rack (if you don’t have one, just leave them on the pan). Let them cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Place 1/3 cup chocolate chips in a ziplock bag, getting the air out completely. Microwave in 30 second intervals for about two minutes, or until the chocolate is completely melted. Cut a small tip on one of the bottom edges of the ziplock bag.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies using a back and forth motion. Then, sprinkle the chopped pecans over the chocolate drizzle.
- Allow the chocolate drizzle to dry out and harden for about 15 minutes, then they’re all done! To store, keep them in an airtight container on the counter (nowhere too warm).