PUMPKIN CUSTARD BARS
The most delicious pumpkin dessert you'll have this fall - It's overflowing with pumpkin and fall flavor! It's a very light dessert that tastes more yummy in every bite. You must try it!
PREHEAT: 325° | PREP: 20 M | BAKE: 55 M | SERVINGS: 9
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 325°. First, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form (this may take up to 5-10 minutes), then set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with the powdered sugar until light and creamy. Add in the melted and cooled butter, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt. Beat until combined.
- Beat in the flour. Then, beat in the pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup of the milk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Then, with the mixer on the lowest speed, add the remaining milk in a slow and steady stream. Then, gently fold the stiff peak egg whites into the batter (it may look lumpy).
- Spray a 9x9 pan with nonstick spray very well. Pour the batter into the pan evenly and bake at 325° for 55 minutes, or until golden. When done, it should have the slightest jiggle to it because it's custard! Also, you may find cracks on top and that's okay!
- Let it cool down completely, then sift powdered sugar over the entire top. Slowly cut into 9 squares using a smooth-edged knife. To store, wrap tightly and refrigerate!